Gender considerations in the stakeholder engagement process
On 11 October 2019, REPP hosted a webinar to lay out best practice for ensuring an effective gender-sensitive stakeholder consultation that promotes evidence-based and participatory decision making to the benefit of all.
The aim of the webinar was to help participants to:
- acquire better knowledge and awareness of gender considerations during
the stakeholder engagement process; and,
- access practical tools for effective implementation.
The webinar was primarily aimed at renewable energy developers in Africa, but also environmental consultants, relevant government institutions and NGOs actively working in the sector.
- Santhuri Naicker, Impact Analyst, Camco Clean Energy (on behalf of Laura Lahti, Impact Manager)
- Virginie Le Masson, Research Associate, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion, Overseas Development Institute
- Natasha Ezekiel, Independent Gender and Social Safeguards Consultant, Rise Sustainability Consulting
91% of participants rated the webinar as very satisfactory.
Read a summary of the webinar by event organiser Laura Lahti here.
Listen to the webinar
Note: Links to the three downloadable presentations featured in the webinar are provided at the bottom of this post.