This hub aims to provide useful and relevant information to anyone working to support the growth of sub-Saharan Africa's renewable energy industry. Browse it for REPP news and publications, plus links to a carefully curated bank of external content and resources.
Geoff Sinclair talks clean energy financing for Gridless Africa tweet chat
This week, REPP team leader Geoff Sinclair was the guest contributor on Gridless Africa‘s regular tweet chat series, where the theme was “Establishing Criteria For Clean Energy Financing in SSA”.
Here’s the list of questions the host put to Geoff during the tweet chat – to see Geoff’s responses, check out the full transcript here.
- Please tell us more about your company; mission, vision, and goals.
- Tell us a little about your background in financing clean energy projects around the world?
- What is the state of clean energy finance in Africa?
- What are some financing schemes increasing clean energy in Africa?
- How does Africa rank in terms of clean energy financing opportunities and risks?
- What do investors look out for before they commit to investing in an African renewable energy startup?
- What negative trends have you observed within the financing space in Africa?
- What intervention is needed to improve the financing ecosystem of Renewable energy solutions?
- What advice do you have for developers looking for finance?
- Please tell us a bit about the team of individuals that makes up REPP energy? Do you have volunteer or employment opportunities for interested persons?